Monday, March 31, 2008

Not wasting time

Canyon lake has been opened with good weather for only a few weeks and already there is trash all around my swimming hole. It frustrates me, especially sense most of the trash is easily identifiable as coming from Mexican stores. I picked up several beer cans but as I did not have my trash picker-upper (I am sure thats the technical term) I am not touching the rest strewn about. The next time I head up there I will collect what I can with it.

I decided this year to collect and sell all the aluminum cans that I find. I have heard its going for a buck a pound at the recyclers. Of course I will go crazy if I don't figure out just how many crushed cans equal a pound but thats a simple thing to do one night.

I have always been of the opinion of "Do good deed and keep them to yourself." I think for special stuff that is still good advice but this year I am going to let people know how much trash I collect on a weekly basis out there and in other places in Tonto National Park and let the park service know about it. Not to rub their face in it, they work hard out there; but to let them know there is need for a trash container in that area and that there are people like me who are doing what they can to keep the area beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Pen Drive, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://pen-drive-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.