Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The term grows

I did not create the term green conservative. I just am one. I first heard the term from radio talk show host Michael Medved discussing his own environmentalism. Former presidential candidate John F. Kerry and possible candidate Newt Gringrich met for a debate on global warming and during one exchange Newt says this,

Gingrich didn't hesitate. "My message," he said, "is that the evidence is sufficient that we should move towards the most effective possible steps to reduce carbon loading of the atmosphere." The pro-Kerry crowd applauded.

"And do it urgently?" the senator pressed.

"And do it urgently, yeah," the former speaker replied. "I think there has to be, if you will, a green conservatism," he added
I did not see this debate, I wish I had. It would be interesting to watch super liberal Kerry squirm at losing his moral high ground and partisan bashing to super conservative Gingrich giving a personal testimony to environmentalism and not support President Bush's failures in this area. . But the one thing Newt is, is a visionary thinker who is more concerned with how to fix a problem rather than support a false one.. He To read the entire article click HERE

No comments: